March 30, 2011

Do You Wear Red Lipstick?

I have always wanted to pull off wearing a deep shade of red lipstick. I think it looks sexy and sophisticated, especially if it's worn correctly. You have to lay off the make-up concentrated around the eyes and accentuate the lips solely. I recently bought L'Oreal Paris Infallible Never Fail Lip Gloss in the Rebel Red shade. I wore it a few times so far and I absolutely love it. I can't wear it just everywhere yet because... well I feel weird being 24 weeks pregnant and wearing red lip stick in public. I think it's just me being a bit self-conscious about possibly looking "trashy" but... anyways... I still love it and will post some personal pictures in the future!

I read a yahoo featured article titled "Why do men hate these popular trends women love?" and it lists women wearing red lipstick as one of the trends men despise! I'm totally shocked because I think it makes us look great! (and seductive! which you'd think men would like) I know my fiancé thinks red lipstick is hott... I asked him why and here's his response.

Me- "Bill, why do you like women who wear red lipstick?"
Bill- *embarrassed* "I don't know why!"
Me- "Well why? There must be some kind of reason."
Bill- "I don't know, why do I have to have a reason??"
Me- "Come on, just give me a reason..."
Bill- "There's no reason." *pause* "I just like it! It's the same reason guys prefer blonds or brunettes. There's no reason."

FAIL. Sorry he was so inconclusive... I expected too much when I thought I'd find some miraculous answer to why some men actually do like red lipstick on women. However, he gave the typical male response. "I dunno." I knew I shouldn't have pushed him too far.. haha (just kidding!)

Please tell me your opinions!
Do you wear red lipstick?

(comment below or feel free to send an email)

No comments:

Post a Comment