February 10, 2011

Keep Your Legs Warm in the Winter!

For the first time this winter, I decided to dress up despite the freezing cold weather. Usually I dress in any ole scarf, hat, sweater, jeans, and boots.. which is fine, but I really love wearing dresses and skirts! So I invested in some leggings, leg warmers, and tights/nylons. It helped tremendously! You can wear any dress you would in the summer, just add leggings and a cute sweater or shrug and you'll be much, much warmer. Also, there are so many stylish boots you can throw on too that will match any dress and keep your feet warm when you're truckin' through large heaps of snow!

You would be warmer yet, wearing sweater dresses. I absolutely love these dresses because many have a large turtle neck that will keep you REALLY warm in the winter. I also wear leg warmers with these dresses too!


These are my favorite pair of purple leg warmers
I have worn them so much this winter, usually scrunched up like in the photo below.


I also wear them pulled up straight to keep more of my legs warm!


These are the tights I wear underneath the leg warmers. I normally prefer to wear plain black nylons, however I haven't bought more since my cats clawed at my older pairs... :/ though, I am growing to like these ones quite well!


You can also wear patterned tights like these white ones below. They are thicker, which make your legs warmer! :) 


Here's a close up on the pattern. Patterns are cool!


Here's my newest pair of leggings I just bought yesterday from Forever 21! I love them because they go up past my knees! And there's some cute flower crochet going on!


This is possibly a better view of them. [In time, I will have a better camera! In time.]



And, I figured you would want to see one outfit with leggings, so here ya go! Obviously if I go outside, I will put on some sort of shawl/sweater/shrug thing! I didn't get a close up of these black winter tights that I have on below, but they are AWESOME because they have some sort of sweater-like material on the inside that keeps my legs extra warm.



2 comments:

  1. I love your idea
    and love your blog
    hope i see more of your fashionable style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! That means a lot. :) My goal is to post more personal pictures as soon as I have my baby [July 18] and get my body back to normal!

    ReplyDelete