February 13, 2011

Best Coat to Dress up Any Outfit!

When your outfit is not as dressy, classy, or as sophisticated as you'd like it to be, try wearing a black, gray (or any color!) peacoat when you go out. This coat not only enhances your outfit, but it also creates a slimming effect as well. I have worn a black peacoat for several years now. It looks great with about anything. The only time I don't wear it is when I'm dressed in all brown. [Then I prefer a white or lighter beige colored jacket.] The nice thing about peacoats is that you can buy them to wear for any season. I have a really thin one which I bought for 40 Euros in France. My fiancé has a thick, hooded one that he got for $200, which is extremely warm. We went to the zoo during a snow storm last month and he ended up giving me his coat to put over top of mine... I didn't even notice it was cold anymore! That's the perk of spending more money for your winter jackets.

The cool thing is that there are several styles of peacoats for you to choose from. Some have big buttons going down the middle. Most have two rows of buttons. Some overlap so much that they only button at the top. You can get them with belts too which are cute, though I always end up losing the belt, or just taking it off because I'm too lazy to do up the belt and buttons! Regardless, a black peacoat is the way to go! They especially look nice over dresses. You don't have to worry about putting your winter ski jacket over a dress when you want to go out for a romantic dinner. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment