April 1, 2011

Do you have Brand Blindness?

I know there are several of us out there who will buy anything they see simply because of the designer tag. Today, I was one of those people! I bought an Armani Exchange t-shirt that came into Plato's Closet. I had to beg for permission and seriously rationalize the purchase (for Plato's Closet). Right now we are not allowed to purchase basic t-shirts without any details due to high inventory levels. HOWEVER, I made the claim that we never get in Armani Exchange clothing.. EVER and it has some minor sparkles on it....... And I bet someone would buy the t-shirt right away due to brand blindness. So just out of curiosity...

DO YOU PURCHASE ITEMS SIMPLY BECAUSE IT HAS A SWEET DESIGNER TAG?

Now, I don't recommend buying things out of brand blindness because it's just silly. Why would you buy a t-shirt you don't like except for the hidden tag on the inside of the shirt?? That's crazy! But sometimes we do it! Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment