May 23, 2011

If You Won the Lottery Would You Buy Designer Clothes?

I just bought an instant pick power ball lottery ticket today... I buy these in order to start up long, fascinating "What if" conversations with my fiancé. We talk about how we'd pay off all our family's (and our) debt... How we would want to invest the money and possibly start up a cool business... Where we would live and travel to... And basically all of the cool things we'd want to buy. My fiancé posed this question and I didn't really know the answer to it.

"If you won the lottery would you buy designer clothes?"

At first, I immediately said "No, probably not". But I'm not sure how realistic that answer is. I think I would like to go down the road to the mall and go on a shopping spree. I rarely buy new clothing from the mall so I would be excited to afford clothes there first. I really want to buy the fashionable clothing from Forever 21, Love Culture, Victoria's Secret, Charlotte Russe, etc. My fiancé seems to think I would start buying dresses that cost $1000+ but I can't imagine it. However it is really hard to wrap my mind around such large amounts of money. The jackpot for the lottery ticket I purchased is set at $144 million. I can't even wrap my mind around $1 million, let alone $144 million...! It's insane.

Let's take a look at some dresses. Personally, I think the cheaper ones are just as flattering as the expensive ones. I would probably buy a few really expensive articles of clothing, but I can't see my whole wardrobe costing a few hundred thousand dollars... that is ridiculous... I would rather explore new places and travel around the world with this money.

Cheaper Dresses


Expensive Dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment