May 29, 2011

Great Deals for the Financially Challenged [as long as the fortunate keep spending]

At work yesterday, I had a lady bring in a Coach purse that she wanted to sell [to Plato's Closet]. I told her up front that she probably wouldn't get as much money as she deserved due to the high original price of the designer purse. At Plato's, it's difficult to get your money's worth when selling luxury/designer/high priced items because we just aren't able to price them that high. She said she didn't mind because she buys three or four brand new ones every year. She said she has over twenty of them lying around at home. In my head I'm thinking, "Wow, where do you work? I want that much money to blow!" I was shocked because we could only price the purse at about $40.00, which means we gave her $16.00 for her basically brand new Coach purse with the certificate of authenticity.

Her purse looked similar to this one, but it was from a different season/collection. To get an idea of what a Coach purse goes for, this one is priced at $238.00.




The moral of this story is to go thrift shopping because you never know when you'll run into designer items. People that are used to buying such expensive clothing/accessories sometimes do not care to donate or sell them to a local thrift store for cheap. If I were her, I would have definitely tried selling my Coach purse online but then again, I'm poor...

No comments:

Post a Comment